Monday, December 3, 2012

Thing 22: Keepin' it Together: Livebinders

Ok so Thing 22 gives me yet another online resource available to help me keep myself organized: Live Binders. I have been assigned the task to sign up for this free source and create 3 education binders, one of which I will be sharing with you! First I should give a quick explanation of what Live Binders actually does. It gives you a place to keep related files together, such as Word docs, PDF's, websites, etc..

Right off the bat I'm a bit irritated. This website runs crazy slowly and I've had to hit "stop" and "reload" already...but ok let's power through this! I figure it's a good idea to make myself a binder with some of the Web 2.0 tools I've been introduced to through this project. I just added 3 to this one for demonstrative purposes. It's pretty user friendly and each to navigate once you've added content.


               
   


YAY so I successfully embedded the first binder. The second one I did I played around with making sub-tabs, a way of organizing things into more specific categories. I only did one tab on this one just for illustrative purposes, so here ya go:

               
   


For my last one, I decided to click the option under creating a new binder to fill it with a Google search. I typed "tips for teaching second grade" in the Google search field to see what kind of binder it would create for me! If you don't look at the others, GO LOOK AT THIS ONE! This is a crazy good example of what you can really do with this tool! SERIOUSLY! CLICK IT!

               
   


So on to the issue at hand...how would I use this in the classroom? Well I think that last example sums it up. As a teacher, I need to stay organized and on top of my game. By utilizing this organization tool, I can keep up with blogs, news, as well as keeping my own personal websites organized. I like it a lot!

Question of the Day: Did you actually look at any of my binders? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment