Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thing 14: Go with the Flow

So Thing 14 is about flowcharts and mind maps. When I think of "mind maps" I imagine a brain with each location labeled...and a lot of people with a HUGE blank spot where "common sense" and "common courtesy" should be.  Obviously that's not right...I think...so let's consult the ultimate source of knowledge- Wikipedia! According to them, a mind map is a diagram used to visually outline information. Ok, so now that we are armed with that knowledge, let's address the assignment.

The first thing I need to do is sign up for two web-based tools: one that is used to create flowcharts and one that is used to create mind maps. Gliffy (hahahaha...I cannot say that out loud without giggling)is a web-based application used to create flowcharts.


So this is neat! There's a nice assortment of templates available to use. After clicking through each of them, I am thoroughly impressed! I plan to possibly return to this tool later...I believe we will be making a floor plan of our ideal classroom later on down the line...but for anyone who ever needs to create a chart or diagram for a presentation, or is just bored and wants to organize their family tree by who they feel is the most important, I highly recommend Gliffy. (heh heh)

So to mind maps. bubbl.us is fun! I made this brief example of a mind map for you.


What are you waiting for? Go and check these out! They're free, fun and useful!

Question of the Day: How would you utilize these web-based tools in the classroom if you were a teacher?

1 comment:

  1. That seems very efficient. It would be great for graphing!!

    ReplyDelete