Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thing 2: Create a Blog, Add a Post and an Avatar

Thing 2
The first thing Thing 2 wants me to address is why I chose my posting name for my blog. My mother, may she rest in peace, used to call me “Alana J” when I was younger. She and I were very close. She passed away on the 8th of August and I try to do everything I can to not only honor her memory, but to keep her close to my heart as well. As for my blog’s title...well I decided on Miss McLeroy since it’s simple, to the point, and will be what my darling students call me someday.

Our next topic is how easy it was for me to create my blog. While I have never written a blog before, Blogger took me step by step through the process. It was actually much simpler than I anticipated it to be. I had a lot of fun choosing the color scheme and will probably end up changing it again before all is said and done. The only difficult part for me is to remember not to ramble on, but to stay on topic.

The last part of Thing 2 asks me about my experience creating my avatar and why I chose to make her look the way she does. I opted for red hair and brown eyes to be true to my own appearance. Of all the expressions, I liked the “winky face” because to me, it shows that I am playful and easy-going. In addition, I am definitely in ♥LOVE♥ with technology, so I had to throw the laptop in there.


Question of the day-what is your experience with blogs? Have you ever written or followed one?

8 comments:

  1. I have never actually wrote a blog on the net where everyone can read it but i have written on on the computer but never posted it on the net. I have tho commented to them a lot when i was younger because i would follow a lot of my friends blogs about life and how they were doing and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually am writing a political science blog for my comparative politics class. I don't especially follow blogs, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't post them online. I just write them and print them off for class. I can email them to you, if you're interested. If you don't have much interest in comparative politics, you might not enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. I have written blogs before. It seems sometimes to let a lot off my chest without actually having to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very excellent point. Sometimes it's easier to express your feelings when in the comfort of your own personal space and not looking at someone face to face.

      Delete
  4. This class is my first experience with blogging. I have never written or followed one but I am glad I now get the chance to do both. I am definitely getting more interested in the world of blogging and seeing how it can be useful. And I really like the idea you have of question of the day. It is a great way to get people talking and communicating their ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been bugging my friends and family to check out my blog so I can gain more experience and I figure that making it interactive is a good way to get more folks involved.

      I do like the idea of a blog, and if I could come up with something interesting enough I would make one outside of class now that I see how easy it is!

      Delete