Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thing 6: Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Thing 6:Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

For anyone who missed what Web 2.0 is, you can either click that or go read Thing 5. I recommend going back and reading Thing 5 because...well why haven't you read it yet? Anyhoo, Thing 6 asks that I check out a site from the Web 2.0 Award nominees and report back what I think about it. There are a BUNCH on here that I'm already familiar with, such as: Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox (that one is linked because if you've not heard of it, definitely check it out! You can get the free app for your phone, free program on your computer and you merge pictures, documents, etc. and it's saved in that nifty thing called a Cloud that everyone's talking about! You get a TON of storage space for free, but if that's not enough you can buy more for a very reasonable price), PayPal...the list goes on. So today I am going to be adventurous and find something new!

Believe it or not, I have never used Flickr before, although I have heard of it. It sounds pretty cool; I like that you can share photos with your friends and family without having to go to the trouble of uploading them to Facebook and making sure everyone who needs to see them is either tagged or knows that you put them up. I actually think I'm going to sign up for a Flickr account (not right now cause you know...I'm a busy lady!), but when I do get a Flickr site up and running I will be sure to let you know!

Question of the Day: Ok this question requires a little work. By a "little work", I mean click to the Web 2.0 Winners and look around. What is one app that you've not heard of, and what do you think of it after reading the article?

6 comments:

  1. I have not heard of the app tripit. It looks amazing and would be a PERFECT app for people traveling, vacation etc. All in one app you pretty much put the electronic information where your going to, and tripit shows you pictures of the place, events, weather and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man that sounds amazing! If/when I get my money situation fully under control and I get to take a vacation I will definitely have to check that out

      Delete
  2. Mint. I have not heard of it but its a financial management service. It seems like a great app for people to better manage their money. It looks at your spending habits and offers ways to save money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check that one out and have Mike look at it too. It would be a great learning tool for you both!

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of ZocDoc.com. It looks amazing. I will be bookmarking them. I worked for many hours of many days trying to find a Pediatric dentist for my son, the old fashion way, Yellowpages. It took forever. Had I known of this service, lots of time would have been saved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang I didn't even notice that one! I will also be saving it. Thanks girl!

      Delete