Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thing 9: Online Image Generators

So Thing 9 is all about Online Image Generators! This assignment is simple: I get to play around with some image generators and post my favorites. So here goes nothing!

Image Chef is pretty cool! There are numerous projects you can create, from putting a picture into a frame to banners and word mosaics. I opted to make a word mosaic using the phrase "Don't worry, be happy"

Staying with my happy trend, next we have the Happy Face Generator! It is exactly what you think: a website that lets you customize your own smiley emoticon! I kept things simple with a sign-holding smiley guy!

So now comes the tie in with my class. How can I utilize these and similar websites in my classroom? Well the obvious answer is to liven up newsletters and worksheets. The word mosaic could also be a fun way for students to publish a poem they wrote. The possibilities are truly endless!

Question of the Day: How do you feel an image generator could be utilized in a classroom?


3 comments:

  1. An image generator would actually be good for the students that learn better with sight then anything else.U would be able to put images as like hidden words puzzles to make then think and look for the things they need to learn. So i would think that would be a great idea for some and most student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can definitely get people's attention better and be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Image generators are a really great way to get students to be attentive!

    ReplyDelete